Main protocol stack
The main protocol stack for GS/TCP consists of a single executable "tcpip" which is installed in /usr/sbin under GNO. This executable forks itself into 5 separate GNO processes which handle various protocol levels and timing:
Connection to GNO's PF_INET socket routines is made through a special kernel hook. Communication with network interfaces takes place through a combination of System 6.0.1 IPC messages and special call back functions.
- tcpip - slow (ARP, etc...) timers and old proprietary user interface
- ip - IP, ICMP, and UDP protocols
- tcptimer - fast TCP timers
- tcpinp - TCP input packets
- tcpout - TCP output packets and IGMP protocol
If you wish to develop a network interface for GS/TCP, please contact me directly.
Return to GS/TCP web page